Recipes : Bengali Coconut and Cardamom Simmer Sauce
Coconut Rice with Kale
- 1 ½ cups Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 jar CK BENGALI COCONUT AND CARDMOM SAUCE
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
Wash rice. In a pot combine rice, CK BENGALI COCONUT AND CARDAMOM SIMMER SAUCE and bring to a boil with 1/4 cup water. Add chopped kale. Cover and cook on very low heat for 18-20 min. Do not open cover to check in between. Add peas and fluff with fork. Turn off heat .
Cauliflower and Fish in Coconut Sauce
- 1 lb fish fillet - cod, sole, hake, tilapia
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups pumpkin cut into 1" chunks
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup CK BENGALI COCONUT AND CARDMOM SAUCE
Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a baking dish lay the fillet(s) of fish. Arrange the cauliflower florets around the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Pour CK BENGALI COCONUT AND CARDMOM SAUCE over the fish and vegetables. Place in oven and bake 10-12 min until fish is cooked through but moist.